***Hi all! SmartGlamour has pivoted as of March 20th 2023. More details here. Please feel free to reach out with any questions! Due to this pivot – SG is no longer my only/main source of income and work. This can slow down my production timeline – and varies weekly as my workload changes. Please read below for more.
What is SmartGlamour?
SmartGlamour has pivoted to focusing on fashion education. We offering pre-recorded videos, live lessons, consulting, and more. We still have a small collection of best sellers and classic items and those are affordable, fashionable clothing for folks size XXS-15X and beyond. Our clothing is made in NYC with love upon ordering – just for you. We are a person forward, body liberation based small business that aims to empower women, femmes, and non binary/gender queer folks through stylish, custom clothing. To learn more, head here.
How can we contact you?
You can use our Contact Page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long will it take for me to receive my order?
All of our items are hand made to order in NYC and take *ideally and approximately* 5 weeks to be competed. This time estimate varies depending on how busy we are with orders and what other outside teaching work I have scheduled Please keep in mind this business is run (and all products are made) entirely by one woman. If you need your item by a specific date – please shoot us an email before ordering and we will do our best to accommodate you. If you need an item with a faster turnaround than 5 weeks – a rush fee may be required.
Additional circumstances that may delay order turnaround times: if we are covered by a viral article or social media piece, if we have a sale (since we rarely have them), or if it is the first week of a new collection launch. Please remember that truly everything you see here is made by one individual human.
Upon completion, you will receive an automated email letting you know that the order is done. We have now upgraded to a new shipping platform that will automatically include your tracking information in a second email which will come from ShipStation. All orders placed on and after 9/16/2021 will see this update.
At check out, you should have been given various ship speed and price options based on your location. Those prices are directly curated by USPS and UPS – not by us. Selecting a faster shipping speed does not speed up our production queue, only the priority level of shipping by the shipping company. Please note, Parcel Select Ground USPS shipping does not include package insurance. If you’d like to have your shipment insured – select Priority shipping or above. Please note, international shoppers, that first class packages do not have a high level of tracking ability – it will only show when your item is in which country, if you’d like a higher level of tracking, select priority. If you have any questions – please email us at email@example.com or by using our Contact page.
What do the different customization terms mean?
- Hem Length – The length of the garment (shirt, dress, or skirt) from the top (shoulder or waistline) to the bottom (shirt edge, dress hem, or skirt hem.)
- Sleeve Length – The length of the sleeve (shirt, dress, jumpsuit) from the shoulder to the sleeve opening.
- Inseam Length – The length from your crotch to the edge of the pant or short leg opening.
If you want tips on how to measure lengths – watch our How to Measure – Lengths video on our How to Order page.
- Rise – There is a front rise and back rise. When choosing this customization – please give both. The front rise is from the middle of your crotch, heading up your abdomen towards your belly button – and stops where you want the pant or short to end at your waist. The back rise is similar – but goes from your mid crotch, backwards – over your backside and again ends at the top of the pant or short where you want the waistline to hit. If this is confusing – please watch the How to Measure – Pants video on our How to Order page.
- Waistband Height – This is the vertical measurement of the height of the waistband on a pant, short, or skirt.
- Custom Garment Size – This means a full customization. You can give me any length, height, or rise measurement from the customizations above in addition to your bust, waist, and hip measurements to ensure the garment fits you perfectly.
- Bust to Waist Ratio – This refers to the proportion between your bust and your waist. Sometimes if you are very busty, or not so busty – or you carry your weight in your midsection, it can be difficult to find a top or dress that fits both sections perfectly. Customize this by giving us your bust measurement and waist measurement – problem solved!
- Waist to Hip Ratio – Similarly to the above, this customization deals with the proportion from your waist to hip. If you are a super hourglass shape – or conversely, carry your weight in your midsection and have a smaller hip – use this customization to achieve the perfect fit!
- Custom Bust Height – Are you above a DD cup and want to make sure a dress or top fits properly? Give us the length measurement from where your bra strap connects to the cup, straight over your bust, down to your band. We will customize the height of the bustline so you are fully covered.
- Custom Waist Placement – This customization will only appear on garments that have a specific waist line. If you are short or long waisted, waist seams may not naturally land in the right spot for you. Check your shoulder to waist length, compare to our size chart, and customize if needed!
- Custom Bust Fullness Placement – This customization will only appear on garments where the fullness of the chest needs to sit in a very specific place for proper fit. If you have a smaller or larger than average chest, or your chest is lower than average – this add on may be for you! Check our shoulder to apex chart and customize if needed. (Apex is the full center of your chest, the aerola.)
- Arm Circumferences – You can now easily customize a sleeve circumference at the bicep, forearm, and/or wrist!
- Leg Circumferences – You can now easily customize a pant or short leg at the thigh, calf, or ankle!
How do I know what size I am?
Please view our sizing chart on our How to Order page. You can compare your measurements to our sizes. If you are between sizes – use our bust to waist and/or waist to hip ratio add ons to get the perfect fit!
How do I know what my measurements are?
We, at SmartGlamour, believe that it is incredibly important – and empowering – for folks to learn their measurements. It is very easy to measure your bust, waist, hip and you can find instructions for measuring yourself with our How to Measure Yourself Tutorial on our How to Order page. If you need assistance for any reason – we have three videos showing how to measure someone else (or have someone measure you), you can find the basics in our How to Measure – Basics video on our How to Order page. Getting length measurements and pant measurements are a little more difficult to do on your own – but with a friends help and some simple instruction it is not only doable, but invaluable. For tips on how to measure lengths and pant measurements – watch our How to Measure – Lengths and How to Measure – Pants videos on our How to Order page.
If you need further assistance, I am currently offering free virtual measuring consults – just sign up at this link. You’ll need a measuring tape.
Do I have to customize my garment?
Absolutely not. If you’d like – you can simply choose a set, standard size from our drop down menus.
Can I give a general sleeve type instead of an exact measurement?
Yes – but that will not guarantee an exact length when the garment is on your body. You may tell us “cap, short, elbow, 3/4, long, etc” for sleeve lengths – but all humans are different heights, different arms, and also have different proportions to their bodies. If you want an exact length – the cost is the same – it is best to give us a specific measurement from your shoulder seam.
Can I give a general skirt/dress/top length instead of an exact measurement?
Yes – but that will not guarantee an exact length when the garment is on your body. You may tell us “maxi, above the knee, midi, tea length, etc” for lengths – but all humans are different heights, wear different shoes, and also have different proportions to their bodies. If you want an exact length – the cost is the same – it is best to give us a specific measurement from either your waist or shoulder.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes! We do. Just simply choose international shipping at checkout.
How do I become a SmartGlamour model?
We are no longer producing new fashion content and therefore no longer casting new models at this time. Thank you for your interest!
Do your gift cards expire?
Yes – but you’ve got some time! (Effective 5/2018 and onward) Our Gift Cards expire one year after their original creation date (meaning the date received by the purchaser.)
The best sellers and classics are only solid – do you have any prints?
With our new pivot, we have removed all prints from the site as they take extra brain power to keep track of and sell out (solids we can always find) but if you are looking at an item and would like it in a print, just ask! (Email firstname.lastname@example.org) You can tell us something very general (like – a bright floral or a polka dot) or something very specific (like – a red background with purple and white geometric print) – and we will send you options to choose from.
I noticed pre-orders on your social media, but they aren’t on your website? What is a pre-order, how does it work?
As a one woman run, self funded, small business – we do not always have the time or resources to professionally shoot and include every wonderful fabric we find in every collection. If we stumble upon an amazing fabric that we know our customers will love – we start a pre order via social media. This will usually included sketches of different styles the fabric can come in – but may also include a photo of one pre made item to demonstrate the garment. You order via social media – commenting below and chatting with our designer about style + size. You’ll then be provided with a direct link to purchase! We strive for pre order sales to have the same amount of production time as regular sales through the site – approximately 5 weeks, but they may occasionally take a bit longer, depending on our production order queue. However – you will not receive the automated emails that the website sends. If you have any questions about the progress of a pre order sale – please email us! At email@example.com
What is your return policy?
We are a start-up, self funded company – consisting of just one woman handling all production – so unfortunately, we can only offer exchanges at this time. Please double check your measurements against our Size Chart before ordering. Our clothing is handmade – so if you receive an item with incorrect fit, please get in touch within 10 days of receiving your package. We will then ask you for your measurements to double check against our Size Chart. If you have ordered the wrong size based off of your measurements – we may need to charge a small production fee to re-make your correct sized item. If you are unsure on how to measure yourself – please watch our tutorial! If you have any questions regarding fit, fabrication, stretch, and sizing – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, message us on Facebook, Tweet to us, or comment to us on Instagram! We always reply ASAP and are more than happy to help!
If you have ordered a fully customized garment – it is not returnable. However – we aim to make the clothing perfect for you! Fit is so important to us. If there is an issue with your garment – please contact us! We will do whatever we can to fix it, free of charge, as soon as possible.
Sample Sale items and SmartGlamour Surprises are not exchangeable. Our Loungewear + Intimates collection is also not exchangeable – however, if you have a fit issue – please contact us so we can resolve it for you! There may be a restocking or customization fee necessary in order to do so.
There are no returns or refunds on classes. Please see the class scheduling pages for the cancelation policy before a live class occurs.