June’s Model of the Month is here – and it’s Carine! This babe has worked with us through campaigns, runway shows, and capsule collections. Learn more about her below!
1. Aside from occasionally modeling for SmartGlamour – what do you do?
I’m a mommy! I have two amazing sons, Micah and Zion, they keep me on my toes! I volunteer in my community. I’m a classically trained private chef. Right now I’m laser focused on having my curve modeling career take off!
2. How did you get involved with the brand?
My friend, Tatiana, told me about a SmartGlamour casting and I went for it!
3. You’ve modeled for us multiple times – what makes you continue to come back?
I just love everything this brand stands for. Everyone can have a seat at the fashion table with SmartGlamour.
4. What does body positivity mean to you?
Body positivity is loving the skin you are in despite what society may think is “beautiful” or “acceptable.” It’s loving and appreciating your body and others freely and knowing your self worth. Body positivity is safe and judgement free.
5. If there is a message you could put across to other people through your modeling photos – what would that be?
I’m not your standard model, but that doesn’t mean I’m not as equally stunning as a “straight size” model. Beauty comes in all shapes, body types, skin tones and hair textures. I want to always represent that!
6. What is your advice to other people who would like to give modeling a try?
They need to know that it’s a constant grind/hustle. You need thick skin because this is a tough industry but don’t let that stop you! Take beautiful pictures, LOTS of them and build your portfolio.