April’s Model of the Month is Stefanie! Stefanie has modeled with us three times over the years – and has a special connection to the brand – read below to find out what that is! If you don’t already know 😉
1. Aside from occasionally modeling for SmartGlamour – what do you do?
I’m a volleyball coach. I coach a collegiate women’s team and I run a youth volleyball club. Plus – I have the best job in the world as Mommy to my fiesty, sweet 3 year old daughter.
2. How did you get involved with the brand?
Mallorie (the designer, owner, one woman phenom that IS Smartglamour) is my younger sister.
3. You’ve modeled for us multiple times – what makes you continue to come back?
It’s interesting and fun for me to experience something so different from what I do in my day to day life….but also so similar. I spend my days in the gym with young women who express themselves through sport and, for whom, coming together as a team with a common focus brings joy as well as a sense of confidence. Smartglamour shoots and shows similarly bring people together from all walks of life who have the opportunity to shine and express themselves and their confidence and joy through a different medium. I love being a part of something where one person’s experience really positively impacts and enhances the experience for those around them.
4. What does body positivity mean to you?
It means loving yourself unconditionally and seeing people for who they are instead of what they look like.
5. If there is a message you could put across to women/femmes/non binary folks through your modeling photos – what would that be?
Do what makes you happy – always.
6. What is your advice to people who would like to give modeling a try?
It’s a lot of fun! Even for someone who doesn’t feel like they “know what they are doing,” when you surround yourself with supportive people who are enjoying the experience, it makes it so much easier and stress-free.