Our June Model of the Month is katie bishop! She’s participated in two runway shows, multiple shoots, campaigns, and our Round Table Discussion video with LGBTQIA folks. She’s also in our Model Directory! Learn more about her below.
1. Aside from occasionally modeling for SmartGlamour – what do you do?
my main focus in life is building community and creating connections between my social groups. i have communities of friends centred around queerness, kink, coffee, music, and performance and i really enjoy bridging gaps between them all and introducing people to other people and holding space for new friends to be made.
2. How did you get involved with the brand?
by being involved with community and having friends! nikki padula had spoken a lot about how amazing of a brand SG is and that led me to applying to and auditioning for being a model and the rest is herstory!
3. You’ve modeled for us multiple times – what makes you continue to come back?
friends and community! i feel so at home with mallorie and her cadre of ethereal babes and they are among the loveliest and most welcoming humans i’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing.
4. What does body positivity mean to you?
all bodies are great and wonderful bodies, period. if you’re corporeal then you have a body worth celebrating and cherishing and treating with all the love in the world.
5. If there is a message you could put across to women/femmes/non binary folks through your modeling photos – what would that be?
show your teeth when you smile, it’s really really cute! and hell, just smile to begin with! it’s amazing how many moods in a room can be greatly amplified by a smile.
6. What is your advice to people who would like to give modeling a try?
put your faith in yourself and the people around you, they won’t let you down. i took a friend’s advice to model and trusted that my circle of friends would provide and i have not been let down in the slightest.