This month’s model of the month is Farin! Farin has been modeling for us for just shy of two years, and has participated in shoots, shows, and videos. Learn more about her below!
1. Aside from occasionally modeling for SmartGlamour – what do you do?
I direct opera and coach singers, and stage manage theater. And some other modeling.
2. How did you get involved with the brand?
I saw a friend’s sister model a dress I loved. Once I learned more, I loved the fashion, and the representation without tokenism, and the message. I got in touch, and was asked to be woman of the week!
Submitting for the next casting call was oh-screw-it standing-in-my-kitchen-at-1:00am decision, and a great one!
3. You’ve modeled for us multiple times – what makes you continue to come back?
It’s so satisfying, and such such a positive, celebratory environment, for one thing. And I’m proud to represent what it means. It has impact; people have written that it means so much to see someone with a cane as a ‘model’ in an uncompromisingly fashionable and glamorous way.
And while it is challenging for me to do, I’m in grateful shock at Mallorie’s support- many times even physically! (literally #womensupportingwomen!)
4. What does body positivity mean to you?
It means more than I can possibly unpack. But more than anything, it means treating bodies as wonderful, without pretending one is a shape or size it’s not. It means bodies aren’t problems, or worth, and deserve agency and joy.
5. If there is a message you could put across to women/femmes/non binary folks through your modeling photos – what would that be?
It takes work. There’s a lot about everyone that’s invisible, no matter how glam they look! Whatever feels like a struggle isn’t just you, and doesn’t take away from your shine! And that you aren’t relegated to less than anyone- all of you can shine!
6. What is your advice to people who would like to give modeling a try?
Of course know the demands, including openness. But if you feel the pull but are scared? Be scared, try anyway. At least with SG, you won’t regret it.