We are a bit delayed with our May Model of the Month Feature – but only due to our own business schedule, because this babe is a gem. Alex has been modeling with SmartGlamour for a little over just one year, which seems ridiculous as she is such a strong pillar in the SmartGlamour modeling family! Learn a bit more about her below.
1. Aside from occasionally modeling for SmartGlamour – what do you do?• I’m an actor, model and theater producer. If you’re asking how I pay for food, rent, etc., then I’m a hotel Sales Manager. I’ve been in the hotel industry for the last 10 years all while hustling to make my dreams come true.
2. How did you get involved with the brand?• Fellow model friend, Temiah, shared a casting post on Facebook and I truly thought it was a scam. Who actually casts ALL types of humans? Spoiler alert: SmartGlamour does.
3. You’ve modeled for us multiple times – what makes you continue to come back?
• Aside from wanting to put on the beautiful clothes, I come back because of the positive messages SmartGlamour puts out into the world. I’ve never felt so empowered before SmartGlamour came into my life. Also, being surrounded by likeminded babes makes me feel we can all make a lasting, positive difference in fashion and the world.
4. What does body positivity mean to you?
• For me, body positivity means loving your body. It means ALL bodies are GOOD bodies. There is no wrong way to have a body. Period.
5. If there is a message you could put across to other people through your modeling photos – what would that be?
• My message would be that we, humans of color, people who don’t fit into the boxes of westernized beauty, exist. People of color have been under represented too long in print and media. We are here and will continue to fight for accurate representation as well as lift up our fellow humans who are marginalized.
6. What is your advice to other people who would like to give modeling a try?
• Do it. The only person holding you back from any opportunity is yourself.