Our next model of the month is Louise! Louise, like a lot of SmartGlamour models, was brought to us by being a friend of a current SG model. And we are happy to have her! Learn more about her below.
1. Aside from occasionally modeling for SmartGlamour – what do you do?
In terms of my career, I’m a Senior Business Analyst for Columbia University IT. Essentially, I work as a translator, explaining users’ needs to development teams to determine the solution that best meets the users’ request and any technical constraints. I am also Co-Chair of our Women in Technology Community Outreach Committee, building a program that we hope will encourage and inspire young girls and adult women to explore and pursue the countless opportunities within the technology space, as well as provide WIT members an opportunity to contribute to the community through volunteer work. Outside of my career, I make and sell jewelry and home decor pieces with my daughter.2. How did you get involved with the brand?
I became involved with SmartGlamour from my wonderful friend Patricia Birch. I saw the pics from her SG photoshoot and runway video and was so inspired by her glow and the fabulous clothes. I signed up for the next available shoot.
3. You’ve modeled for us multiple times – what makes you continue to come back?
There is a beautiful loving energy at SmartGlamour shoots. Everyone is so warm and friendly. And of course the clothes are comfortable and fabulous!
4. What does body positivity mean to you?
Body positivity is about accepting and appreciating the beauty of all body types.
5. If there is a message you could put across to women/femmes/non binary folks through your modeling photos – what would that be?
Beauty comes in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Embrace your look.
6. What is your advice to people who would like to give modeling a try?