October’s Model of the Month feature is all about Tracy Rivas! Tracy was introduced to SmartGlamour in 2015, and has participated in campaigns, shoots, and shows since. She is a positive ray of light – and we love having her as a part of the SG family. Read more about her below!
1. Aside from occasionally modeling for SmartGlamour – what do you do? I work as a community events manager at WeWork. I oversee and source events for our 40 buildings in New York City.
2. How did you get involved with the brand? A good friend of mine, Alexa Rose Mullen, asked me to join her to visit a SmartGlamour pop-up shop in the East Village. I was immediately drawn to the clothing and the mission behind SmartGlamour. I was then asked to be a part of Mallorie’s #SameSizeDifferentEyes Campaign, which was an incredibly inspiring campaign and I became more in love with the brand than I already was. I was then fortunate enough to walk one of her Fall Fashion Runway Shows and life officially changed forever. I am forever indebted to Mallorie and will be her advocate and ambassador for LIFE.
3. You’ve modeled for us multiple times – what makes you continue to come back? It’s an honor and a privilege to come back and model for Mallorie. Every time, I feel my super woman wings appear and I feel unstoppable. Supporting and representing SmartGlamour means I am helping to allow other women and femmes to feel comfortable and beautiful in their own skin.
4. What does body positivity mean to you? Body positivity means being unaffected by the judgments and criticisms of society where I am limitless in feeling badass, beautiful, confident and comfortable in my own skin. There is a sort of invincibility in the things that you can do when you are in body positive with yourself and with others.
5. If there is a message you could put across to women/femmes/non binary folks through your modeling photos – what would that be? There is no force equal to a woman determined to rise.
6. What is your advice to people who would like to give modeling a try? No one is stopping you but yourself, go out and show the world how incredibly beautiful and wonderful you are!